Monday, July 14, 2008

"rock fashion"

Like all little girls, Sissy Pie loves Miley Cyrus. I took this picture late last year while we waited for the Best of Both Worlds concert to start. I can't even explain to you how excited this kiddo was that I scored tickets for that show. You wouldn't believe the awesome mama points I got for this! We had an awesome day.

Fast forward six months...

While I was out this weekend, I bought People magazine's special Miley Cyrus edition for Sissy Pie. She has pored over that magazine, cover to cover! Last night she brought it to me to show me some of the outfits and accessories that are featured in it. Since we've set this week to sort her clothes to get ready for back to school shopping, she wanted to do a little "window shopping" online. So after the boys went to bed, we cuddled up on the sofa with the magazine and the laptop and looked things up. We found some adorable stuff! Some of it is mentioned in the magazine and some of it is the result of our googling. She picked out such eclectic outfits, I was surprised. Her eyes lit up when I told her we could place a few orders. That's when she said "awesome, this year I am going to rock fashion".

Stay tuned for a pic of me rocking fashion at her age. Each outfit involved no less than four different colors, most of them flourescent.

4 comments:

Megan (FriedOkra) said...

Hee hee hee. Rock fashion - where do they get these things? She sounds like a pretty cool little chick and I bet she's great fun to hang around and "window shop" with! Thanks for the comment on my blog - Seems like many of us have felt what I'm feeling, which is comforting and uplifting, too!

Megan

casual friday everyday said...

How sweet! Sounds like a really fun Mother and Daughter night.

Melissa Blair said...

i love it~!!!! i can't wait to see her hit the school runway!

lukabella said...

That was so cute!!! I was too a very flourescent adolescent. I can't wait to see some pics, I might even pull some out of myself for a good laugh.

The answer to your question about the ghost town, there are armed rangers that live in some of the old houses that patrol 24 hours.

So glad you survived VBS, I know first hand how CRAZY they are. We had over 1,000 kids this year.